10 Reasons to Use an Insurance Broker
Insurance brokers act as your personal advisor on insurance matters. They work for you, not the insurance company, to make sure your family; your possessions and your business are properly protected. If you have the misfortune of a loss your insurance broker will guide you through the claims process, helping to ensure a swift and fair settlement by your insurance company, to get you back to where you were before disaster struck.
- Advocacy If you have to make a claim, your broker is there to ensure that you receive fair and prompt payment, to get you back to normal. In the event of a dispute, your broker will act as your advocate with the insurance company. Experience has shown that a broker’s knowledge and contacts can often help settle a disputed claim. The disappointment of a refused claim lasts much longer than the satisfaction of having saved a few dollars.
- Trust Insurance brokers work to a principle of utmost good faith. Your insurance broker puts your interests first, before those of the insurance companies they deal with. Buying from a broker means you can buy with confidence knowing that the recommended coverage is right for your particular needs. A broker’s advice is independent of any insurance company, so their recommendations are always in your best interests.
- Choice Brokers have access to a wide selection of some of the best insurers in the country, most of whom do not sell directly to the public. Once a broker has properly assessed your individual insurance needs they do the shopping for you, to find you the right coverage at a competitive price.
- Advice Brokers are licensed professionals. They bring their experience and judgment to their role as your personal insurance advisor. Most important, they are free to make impartial recommendations. Their first and only responsibility is to serve your interests, so it’s advice you can trust.
- Flexibility Most people prefer to have a face-to-face conversation with a broker to discuss coverage, at least at the outset. For most of your dealings with a broker you can communicate in whatever way you are most comfortable with, or that fits into your busy life, such as telephone or email.
- Value There is no extra cost to you for all the services that a broker provides, and they negotiate on your behalf to get you the fairest price.
- Knowledge Brokers are a wealth of knowledge on all aspects of insurance and other preparedness. They know how to ensure that you get all applicable discounts on the insurance you buy. They are experts at risk assessment and how to properly protect you and your family’s interests with respect to Auto, Home and Business coverage. Professional education is ongoing and put to use on a daily basis, so you can rest assured that the coverage you receive is the coverage you need.
- Speed If you want to make a change to your policy or just have an insurance related question, a broker will be there to handle your request in a timely manner. Due to their high volume, direct insurance companies relegate these tasks to call-centres with staff who are not specifically trained in insurance.
- Transparency It doesn’t cost you any extra to use the services of a broker. Brokers are paid a commission by any insurance company they place your business with, there is no financial incentive for them to pick one over another. What’s more, they are completely open about their transactions and encourage you to ask them about their remuneration.
- Responsibility Brokers act as a local resource centre for safety information and crime prevention. Brokers are part of your community’s emergency response team. They will be among the first to respond to your needs in the event of a catastrophe in your community. Buying from a broker means you are investing in your own community.
Contact us today and let our expert advisers do the work for you.
- The Standard Proudly Supports Our Kids Count in Thunder Bay
- Passionate People Episode 2: Protect Your Home from Melt Water Damage
- Plan Your First Boat Trip of the Year with Lake of the Woods Ice Patrol
- Passionate People Episode 1: Life Insurance 101
- Liability and COVID-19 Mitigating Your Business’s Risk