Are you looking to move on or up from your current sales and service role? Or are you an existing Insurance Broker wanting a new challenge or to explore the commercial side of the business?
The Standard Insurance is currently looking to hire one full-time Commercial Insurance Advisor for our Thunder Bay office.
Why choose Standard Insurance?
With 8 offices and growing, The Standard Insurance has served the best interests of home, business and vehicle owners in Northwestern Ontario, Manitoba and Saskatchewan since 1897. We love what we do and we’re good at it. We’re a company culture based on learning, collaboration, teamwork, bettering our communities, and most importantly, growth. Your work will have a measurable impact on our brand, vision, and the community.
We are the perfect fit if you
- Have a desire to help others protect their future
- Are challenged by the opportunity to grow the business
- Are pro-active and a self-starter
- Willing to learn and develop your industry knowledge and expertise
- Believe in integrity and building success by developing relationships
What can you expect from us?
- A full-time position starting as soon as possible
- A competitive compensation package, including a comprehensive group benefits, plan and a company matching RSPplan
- Modern technology and work environment
- Company paid continuing education
- Exciting opportunities for advancement
Responsibilities and duties
- Process policy endorsements, renewals or cancellations, and log all business activities with utmost accuracy
- Retain and grow the existing commercial book of business
- Develop positive relationships with customers and insurance partners for long-term success
- Negotiate with insurance companies in the best interest of our clients
- Continuously deliver a superior level of customer service
- Achieve established personal goals and sales objectives
Qualifications and Skills
- Effective and professional communication skills; both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to re-prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Proven ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Experience working under pressure and maintaining composure in a fast-paced and changing environment
- A current RIBO level 1 license, or willing to obtain as soon as possible
- Previous commercial insurance experience is considered an asset
- Must be willing to participate in ongoing training and education
- Significant computer aptitude, and working knowledge of MS Office, specifically Word andExcel
- 45,000 - 60,000 based on experience and licensing
- Potential to earn new business commission
If you think you are the right individual, please send your resume and cover letter to:
Attn: Bryanna Booth 319 2nd St. South Kenora, ON P9N 3X8
Email: bbooth at standard insurance dot ca
This position will remain open until filled.
The Standard welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspect of the selection process.