We are currently looking to hire one full-time Commercial Product Specialist for our Thunder Bay office.
With 8 offices and growing, The Standard Insurance has served the best interests of home, business and vehicle owners in Northwestern Ontario, Manitoba and Saskatchewan since 1897. We love what we do and we're good at it. We're a company culture based on learning, collaboration, teamwork, bettering our communities, and most importantly, growth. Your work will have a measurable impact on our brand, vision, and the community.
We are looking for the following characteristics:
- A consultative professional, with a strong focus and a commitment to customer service, collaboration and team environment
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others (internal/external clients)
- Work effectively to set goals, resolve problems and make decisions that enhance productivity/effectiveness; ability to work independently with litte or no supervision
- Technical understanding of various commercial insurance products and application to various client businesses and exposures
- Anticipate, understand and respond to the needs of clients to meet expectations
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively manage the policy renewal cycle according to standards of service
- Negotiation with insurers to secure placement of new & existing business
- Analyze coverage and premiums from various Insurers and recommend carrier placement in best interest of insured; make suggestions and/or recommendations for revisions and identify gaps in coverage
- Maintian clietn records in broker management system, review and create submissions & proposals
- Aid Commercial Lines team in troubleshooting issues with accounts and specialty insurance needs
- Actively participate in team meetings and mentor junior staff
- Participate in ongoing training and education
- Prepare reports and coverage summaries as required
- Other miscellaneous duties and special projects as assigned
- A current RIBO level 1 license or willingness to obtain one as soon as possible
- Previous insurance experience is considered an asset, but not required as we are willing to train
- Must be willing to participate in ongoing training and education
- Significant computer aptitude, working knowledge of MS Office, specifically Word and Excel
What We Can Offer You
- A full time position starting as soon as possible
- Salary range: $40,000 - $50,000 based on experience and licensing
- A competitive compensation package, including a comprehensive group benefits plan and a company matching RSP plan
- Modern technology and work environment
Interested candidates must submit their cover letter and resume via email to:
The Standard Insurance Brokers
Attn: Bryanna Booth
Email: bbooth at standard insurance dot ca
This position will remain open until filled. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accomodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.