How to Ensure A Safe Holiday Season
The holiday season is a time to be jolly, and it’s also a very busy time. There’s baking, decorating, party hosting, shopping, and much more. Does your holiday planning include a checklist of precautions you should take to “insure” the season is safe and sound for you and your loved ones?
With so much on the go, it’s easy to lose sight of some of the dangers that can crop up during the holiday season, Here are some important reminders of things that can go wrong and suggestions to prevent this from happening.
- Oh Christmas Tree: Remember, a wet tree is a safe tree. Water your tree regularly throughout the holiday season and under no circumstances, leave a lit tree unattended.
- Be the Host with the Most: Monitor your guests’ alcohol intake and if you feel someone has had too much to drink, don’t let them get behind the wheel of a car. Take their keys away, offer them a spare bedroom, find a designated driver, or call them a cab.
- Be a Good Neighbour: Keep your sidewalk and walkway free of ice and snow. The last thing you want is to have a guest—or neighbour—falling and injuring themselves due to your negligence.
- Check Weather and Travel Conditions: Find out what’s in store weather-wise and if the forecast doesn’t look promising, allow yourself extra time or, better yet, wait until conditions improve.
By following the above advice, you can be assured that your holiday memories are happier than ever. For more information, contact one of our expert advisors.
- Insurance Tips When Buying a New or Used Car
- Enhancing Electronic Data Security: Practical Tips for a Safer Digital Experience
- Protecting Your Investment: The Importance of Taking a Home Inventory for Insurance Purposes
- Navigating the Festive Roads: Tips for a Safe Holiday Drive
- Understanding the Importance of Individual Life Insurance