At The Standard Insurance we understand what is important to our employees. Our success is a direct result of our employees' dedication which is why we offer an excellent compensation and benefits package while promoting a balanced approach to work and family.
Commercial Marketing Broker
Our office in Winnipeg - Oldfield Kirby Esau Insurance Brokers (OKE) is excited to continue growing our team and is looking to hire a full-time Commercial Marketing Broker.
This is a management role responsible for assisting the branch with the growth of the existing client base, creation of new client opportunities and the management of our commercial servicing team. A solid understanding of commercial insurance and a proven track record in customer service and sales is essential to ensure our clients receive advice they can trust and the highest level of service.
We are looking for the following characteristics
- A consultative professional, with a strong focus and a commitment to customer service, collaboration and team environment
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others (internal/external clients)
- Work effectively to set goals, resolve problems and make decisions that enhance productivity/effectiveness; ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Technical understanding of various commercial insurance products and application to various client businesses and exposures
- Anticipate, understand and respond to the needs of clients to meet expectations
Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively manage the policy renewal cycle according to standards of service
- Negotiation with insurers to secure placement of new & existing business
- Analyze coverage and premiums from various Insurers and recommend carrier placement in the best interest of insured; make suggestions and/or recommendations for revisions and identify gaps in coverage
- Maintain client records in the broker management system, review and create submissions & proposals
- Aid Commercial Lines team in troubleshooting issues with accounts and specialty insurance needs
- Actively participate in team meetings and mentor junior staff
- Participate in ongoing training and education
- Prepare reports and coverage summaries as required
- Other miscellaneous duties and special projects as assigned
- 5 or more years of industry experience with a focus on Commercial Property & Casualty
- CAIB or CIP an asset
- Existing relationships within the underwriting community; strong market knowledge
- Proficiency with Epic, Policy Works, Insurer portals, Microsoft Office
What We Can Offer You
- A full-time position starting as soon as possible.
- A competitive compensation package, including a comprehensive group benefits plan and a company matching RSP plan
- Company paid continuing education
- Modern technology and work environment
Oldfield Kirby Esau Insurance Brokers is proud to be known as a trusted source for insurance solutions by prioritizing the education of our clients. We are conveniently located in downtown Winnipeg and have a rich history in Manitoba dating back over 100 years. As a division of The Standard Insurance Group, we continue to grow and evolve by offering a wide range of insurance products and services. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer a competitive salary, benefits and great culture in a family-friendly work environment.
Interested candidates must submit their cover letter and resume via email to:
The Standard Insurance Brokers
Attn: Bryanna Booth
Salary based upon experience. Deadline to apply is 5:00 pm on Tuesday, January 23, 2019. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspect of the selection process.